A place for Liam to post essays, comments, diatribes and rants on life in general.

Those fond of Liam's humor essays, they have been moved here.

Friday, September 09, 2005

My View

[For those who persist in thinking me liberal instead of centrist and independent, I wanted to post a comment I recently posted to the Huffington Post, in response to one poster who repeatedly asserted that "our goals are to elect a Democrat President and a Democrat congress". -- Liam]

Personally, I think our goal should be to elect the best leaders for our country, whatever party they might come from. I think this current crop of Republicans is past their expiration date and has gone sour and needs to be excised from the fridge.

But having the goal to get a Democrat elected come hell or high water is the same mindset that prevents otherwise intelligent Republicans from recognizing the evil done by "their guy". They think "He may not be perfect, but he's damn sure not a liberal" as if that is the be all and end all of their requirements for governance.

All good, thinking people should be independent, willing to embrace the progressive where it is needed and the conservative where it is warranted, and not get sucked into the Super Bowl mentality of "my team has to win, no matter what".

Liam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Career Education