A place for Liam to post essays, comments, diatribes and rants on life in general.

Those fond of Liam's humor essays, they have been moved here.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Letter to my Senators

[Just for grins, I thought I post on here the text of a letter I sent to both of my Senators, Judd Gregg and John Sununu. -Liam]

Senator [Gregg/Sununu],

I write to ask you to put aside the politics of party
and seriously consider whether Judge Alito is right
for this country.

The strength of this country is in its checks and
balances, and the concept of the "Unitary Executive
Branch" espoused so often by President Bush scares me.

From what I've seen of the confirmation hearings of
Judge Alito, he also supports the Unitary Executive
Theory, and I (as a registered independent) feel that
this theory is contrary to the heart and soul of our
nation, and gives too much power to the President
without proper oversight.

Please carefully consider Judge Alito's position on
this very important topic before casting a vote on his
confirmation.

Thank you,

Liam Johnson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Career Education