A place for Liam to post essays, comments, diatribes and rants on life in general.

Those fond of Liam's humor essays, they have been moved here.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Minor Rant

(So minor, I probably won't index it).

I'm trying to figure out the best way to post my essays. In order to make sure there's a steady stream of them, I post one per week, on Friday, as regular readers know. (I may post rants and such at other times, but the humorous (or at least, intended to be humorous) columns which are the bread and butter of this blog).

However, I find that sometimes I have nothing to write for a few weeks, and then a whole batch at once, so I queue them up. Right now, there are three all written, just waiting to post over the next three weeks (for those who like hints, you get to hear about my car, my bald head, and my take on religion&politics, not necessarily in that order).

Now, the question is, do I post them in the order I write them, or in order of how funny I think they are? And if the second, do I post the funniest first, or do I save the funniest ones, in case the ones I write later aren't as good?

All in all, a much better problem to be dealing with than, say, writer's block, but if any regular readers wish to weigh in on the matter, I'm open to suggestions.

(The only thing I'm not open to is posting them all as I write them. I really want this blog to grow in popularity, and in order to keep readers, I can't go for long periods with no activity, or people will tend to go elsewhere. As a result, I kind of think having a backlog is a good thing, so if I have a bad couple of weeks, I don't leave y'all hanging, or drive you off to more prolific sites...)

Liam.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opinion?
You know me. I like it any old way you choose. Your choices reflect you, and that's what we come to see....you (and Janet too, of course).

I like the indexing, but I hope it's not too much of a pain for you to do. The indexing helps you go right to what you want to read. I think that's important, because of the different types of topics.

Also, you once mentioned having some older more serious stuff. I vote for you adding those sometime as well, and the indexing will help us decide what we want to read, when we want to read it.

Great idea posting them when you want to or periodically if you like. Personally, I like it all, kiddo.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 5:12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Career Education