A place for Liam to post essays, comments, diatribes and rants on life in general.

Those fond of Liam's humor essays, they have been moved here.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Bush Approval Rating

As of this morning, President Bush's approval rating is at 46%, which is reported to be the lowest ever approval rating for a two term President at this point in his second term.

47% of those polled felt that America would be better off with Democrats in control of Congress, 9% saying "neither". Only 36% feel we're better off with the Republicans in control of Congress.

(As regular readers know, my view on this will change if the Presidency changes hands. Checks and balances. It's what our government was built on, and it's why I so strongly object to the "Nuclear Option" and the Senate/House bills I mentioned yesterday. So long as the Presidency remains in Republican hands, I feel we're better off with the Congress in the Democrats hands.)

Clearly, though, I am not alone in my dislike for this President, his policies and the job he's doing.

Liam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Career Education