A place for Liam to post essays, comments, diatribes and rants on life in general.

Those fond of Liam's humor essays, they have been moved here.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Has Anyone Else Heard This?

[UPDATE: It looks like this was some whack job ranting. Searching for the story on the 'net, the only sites I find that reference it at all seem to be the same sites that keep insisting that the WTC collapse was a controlled demolition, and that some number of the 9/11 hijackers are still alive. Which is not to say that there can't be any truth to any of those stories, only that such sites tend to have much lower standards of proof than more legitimate news sites, and so I'm not willing to accept their testimony. -- Liam]

I heard a news item of questionable veracity today. According to this news report, a source in Afghanistan (or maybe Pakistan, I didn't catch the country) reports that Osama bin Ladin died in December of 2001 of organ failure (I missed the organ, although I'd assume kidney, as he was reported to have been on dialysis).

I should say, I heard this on a radio program as I was station surfing. I don't know the station, I don't know the host, I could barely hear the signal, which is why I'm missing so much.

I'm going to see if I can research this some more, but if anyone else has any idea where this story came from and how much truth to assign to it, please tell me!

Liam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Career Education