A place for Liam to post essays, comments, diatribes and rants on life in general.

Those fond of Liam's humor essays, they have been moved here.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Formation of George W. Bush

Sorry I've been lax in posting for a while.

I was on vacation for a week, which is part of it. I was too disgusted to want to focus on politics for a while after hearing the news of the apparent intentional murder of innocent Iraqi's by a group of U.S. Marines. I'm following the story, but I just can't work up the energy to talk about it.

And, of course, it's starting to look like maybe the Congress and the American People are starting to wake up to the oligarchic, theocratic plans for this country's future that seem apparent in the philosophies and actions of the Bush Administration. That, alone, made it feel less necessary to vent every day, because if people already know, then there's no need to keep telling them.

However, I just came across this post on the Huffington Post that gives some information about the childhood of our President. Information which, if true, makes a very good argument that he is a very broken individual, and one who would deserve our pity and our help if he were not at the helm of the ship of state.

Bad childhood episodes have been known to emotionally "break" people, or make them other than they would have been with a healthy upbringing. Some grow up to be alcoholics and drug abusers, and if one such is in your family or your sphere of friends, it is good to do all you can to support them in trying to break their addictions. However, if that person is employed as a school bus driver, your first order of business HAS to be to get them removed from that position, endangering as it is to the students and the other drivers on the road.

That's how I'm feeling about President Bush right now. If the facts as presented in that piece are true, then I have nothing but sadness for him, and for poor little boy George. And once he's no longer in a position where his personal demons are a threat to us all, I will be happy to support him in any therapeutic endeavor that he chooses to undertake.

But right now, he's driving the bus, and my children are riding to school. Right now, his troubles are secondary.

Liam.

P.S. If you have any reason to doubt the facts presented in the article I linked to, please share them. I have no particular source of verification, and if the truth is different from that presented, by all means speak up!

2 Comments:

Blogger SteveAudio said...

I just found that you linked to my HuffPo piece. Thanks, I appreciate it.

And nice blog you have, too.

Thanks,
Steve

Friday, August 18, 2006 3:22:00 AM

 
Blogger Liam said...

Why thanks! It's not often I get the pleasure of a Huffington Poster reading MY blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Liam.

Friday, August 18, 2006 8:44:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Career Education