A place for Liam to post essays, comments, diatribes and rants on life in general.

Those fond of Liam's humor essays, they have been moved here.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Disgusting Biased Media

Yep, I'm actually going to complain about some biased left-wing media. Normally, I find that the vast majority of the media is horrible but pretty much equally horrible to both sides, and for every example you can give of left-wing bias, I can show you an equal one of right-wing bias.

But there was an example on CNN last night and today that just made me sick. (There was also one from the right on Fox yesterday, but I've come to expect that from that particular source, so I shan't bother to complain about it).

I did most of my poll watching on the MSNBC and Fox News websites. I like to watch more than one, because it can be interesting to see who decides to call which races when.

But anyway, at one point I decided to flip over to CNN.com to see what they were saying, and here was the Senate count on their web site:

Republican: 49
Democratic: 49
Independent: 0

Now, everyone else was correctly reporting:

Republican: 49
Democratic: 47
Independent: 2

I looked at CNN again, wondering at what point Bernie Sanders of VT became a Democrat, and when exactly Joe Lieberman had re-joined the Democratic party. But of course, they hadn't, and after some searching, I found a small footnote (almost too small to read) that said "Independents counted as Democrats".

Now, for most voters, who I believe had the sole objective not of voting FOR Democrats, but of voting to BREAK the Republican stranglehold on power in Washington, the reporting may have been essentially what they CARED about. But it was not honest.

And it was especially blatent because they had that "Independent: 0" line.

So CNN gets my personal award for worst case of bias in election results reporting for the 2006 elections.

Liam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Career Education