A place for Liam to post essays, comments, diatribes and rants on life in general.

Those fond of Liam's humor essays, they have been moved here.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Homosexual Agenda

I'd been rather hoping my blogging would wind down some, now that the elections have gone the way they've gone.

I'd hoped to be able to lie low, at least for a time, at least as long as the Democrats in Congress were keeping the President in check, and the Republicans in the Executive Branch were keeping the Congress in check. Everyone prevented from the extremes of their corruption, no one able to misbehave.

But there are some things which I've read about in the past week that I need to vent about, so here we go. I'll post them in several articles, as I get around to writing them.

First off, there's ... Michael Savage, who declared on his radio show “The radical homosexual agenda will not stop until religion is outlawed in this country. Make no mistake about it.” Oddly, this doesn't comport with what I've seen of the majority of the homosexual agenda in this country. Most gay people that I know just want to be able to live their lives, like any other American. They don't want to stop you from being Christian or Straight or whatever you happen to be... except for homophobic. They'd prefer (as would we all) to be left alone, to be granted the same rights everyone else has in this country.

And, I would point out, Mr. Savage's comment applies just as much in reverse. “The radical Christian agenda will not stop until homosexuality is outlawed in this country.” It rings a lot more true than Mr. Savage's version. I'm not saying that ALL Christians, or even most, are trying to accomplish this, but there can be no question that the most radical of the Religious Right would like to make homosexuality illegal. I've heard them say it. I've honestly never heard anyone from the gay community seriously espouse the destruction of Christianity.

In other words, in my view you lose credibility when you use as part of your justification for outlawing another group the paranoid unproven assumption that that group wants to outlaw you.

Liam.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ross said...

I would think it possible that it is because B wants to outlaw A that they believe A wants to outlaw B. It is a phenomenon of projecting your own attitudes onto others.

Monday, November 20, 2006 3:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Liam said...

Good point. I was also thinking that if someone was actively trying to outlaw my behavior, that might MAKE me inclined to want to fight fire with fire, even if I had no NATURAL inclination to such.

Good to see you're still hanging around. :-)

Liam.

Monday, November 20, 2006 7:51:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Career Education