A place for Liam to post essays, comments, diatribes and rants on life in general.

Those fond of Liam's humor essays, they have been moved here.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Outrageous... if true

Another one of those "blogosphere only" stories, I don't have time right now to look into it further, so take it with a grain of salt, but check out this link.

It alleges that the U.S. Army is now demanding that soldiers who are injured in Iraq, thus rendered unable to fulfill their commitment to serve, are being asked to return the signing bonuses they were given for signing up.

I hope this is one of those "someone made it up something because it makes someone look bad" stories. But it makes me mad enough (if true) that it was worth passing along with caveats. Hopefully someone who reads this will have the time I don't at the moment to verify or refute the veracity of the story and post a comment.

Liam.

P.S. For those who insist I do not support the troops based on my position of wanting them out of Iraq, I just want to mention that during our torturous flight home from vacation last week, I offered to give up my seat for a soldier on leave from Iraq whose flights had been screwed up and who was desperately trying to get home to surprise his parents. The airline would not allow it, but fortunately someone else didn't show up for the flight so they were able to squeeze him on, but I just thought you should know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always boggled my mind that people should equate non-support for an American war policy to non-support of American troops.

Don't know if you've seen it, but if not, you might want to take a look at the recent program on Bill Moyers Journal called "Buying the War" which aired on PBS. I yawn during much of Moyers' programs, the few I watch, but I was riveted by this one, a program on the media coverage of the Administration's lead up to the war. I urge everyone to watch it, no matter what your opinions are of the war and/or the Administration. You can watch it online:

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/btw/watch.html

Sunday, December 02, 2007 2:45:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Career Education