A place for Liam to post essays, comments, diatribes and rants on life in general.

Those fond of Liam's humor essays, they have been moved here.

Friday, September 26, 2008

More Proof McCain is Playing Politics

As you might have guessed from how much I've got to say early this morning, I didn't sleep well last night, and as a result, I saw quite a bit of television.

I ran into yet another bit of politics John McCain is playing with the current crisis.

It was a short statement that McCain made during an interview. The words that struck me were: "I think that we've made progress, and I'm confident we will have a deal. How much I had to do with that, I'll let you and others be the judge."

Now picture McCain as your 3 year old brother and you're working on a puzzle. You have a puzzle you've been working on for a week and you're 95% done and you're looking forward to looking down and seeing it completed when said little brother comes along and messes up all the pieces. He then says "Look! I helped! You're going to finish the puzzle, and I helped!"

The interview is a pure political trick.

"I have a record of putting my country first. I see that we did not have a deal, and unfortunately we STILL don't have a deal."

See, if it was really about country first, it wouldn't be the first word out of his mouth at every turn. If it was really about the good of the country, he wouldn't be thinking of spinning his actions to his own gain. By touting this particular supposed record he makes it painfully clear to everyone that this WASN'T country first, this was "Oooh, I can make it LOOK like I put country first, and that will help me!". He also neglects to mention that we were reportedly within inches of having a deal... until he got involved.

Watch the video:



He ruined the puzzle and he's crowing about how much good he's doing for the country. Naked politics of the very worst kind.

Liam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Career Education