A place for Liam to post essays, comments, diatribes and rants on life in general.

Those fond of Liam's humor essays, they have been moved here.

Friday, October 09, 2009

A Prediction

I've been meaning to post this for a few days, and I want to get to it before it's too late.

You want proof that the GOP will find ways to attack anything Obama does and spin it in a bad light: Just watch this story with the "additional troops for Afghanistan" recommended by the General.

If Obama doesn't send those troops, he'll be widely condemned for being weak on national defense, not listening to the generals on the ground, etc.

But if he DOES send those troops, he'll be widely condemned for breaking his campaign promise to bring our troops home and end the war.

And heaven forbid something goes wrong with either of those plans. If he sends more troops and we have a month with a spike in U.S. troop deaths, it will be "Breaking his promise, he sent more of our kids over there to die". If he doesn't, and there's an attack in this country, it'll be "The generals SAID they needed more troops. Obama didn't listen, and people died."

I have to admit, I've given up listening to the Fox News pundits. There's nothing fair or balanced about them. I don't mind the slant so much, I really don't. If they were consistent in their condemnations, if they were slanted towards the conservative ideology and applied that evenly, I'd have respect for them, even when I disagreed with them.

But they aren't slanted towards conservatism, they're slanted towards Republicans, and so they're not espousing an opinion, they're spewing propaganda. I'll pass, thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Career Education