A place for Liam to post essays, comments, diatribes and rants on life in general.

Those fond of Liam's humor essays, they have been moved here.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Bernie post mortem

Matt Taibbi gets it.

And sadly, although the existence of Trump-the-nominee SHOULD be the perfect opportunity for the Dems to shake things up, it also sets up a situation where even people dissatisfied with the status quo recognize the huge danger in a Trump administration, and so those who supported Sanders and tried to send a message of our disapproval with business as usual can't afford to give that message strongly enough to have it truly stick, and that means another President Clinton and a Democratic Party that learns no lesson, because to them, the outcome is all that matters.

Watch for Hillary to back off from the Bernie platform she seemed so intent on claiming as her own a month or two back.  She doesn't need it any more, and the fact that a huge number of Democrats, including a large number of younger voters expressed their wish for change gets lost in the shuffle.

This is why I beg of you all, stop effing lecturing me on how I have to get on the Hillary train.  I'm not stupid, I know what's at stake, and in the end, I'll do the only thing that makes any sense.  But for a while, I'm going to take a break.  I'll vote the way I have to, but I'm not going to stump for her, I'm not going to make calls for her or donate to her, and the more pissant assholes lecture me about getting on board, the longer I'm going to resist admitting to myself that I really don't have any other acceptable option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Career Education