A place for Liam to post essays, comments, diatribes and rants on life in general.

Those fond of Liam's humor essays, they have been moved here.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Ah, Life...

Recently, life was transformed. My dear wife was prescribed full bed rest by her OB/GYN for some complications in the pregnancy. WITH bed rest, everything should be fine. WITHOUT it... we don't want to think about the result.

The problem is that right now my time is taken up by work during the day and housework in the evening, the stuff that normally Janet would take care of (as a stay at home Mom), and it's not leaving me with much energy to write.

Last night, we had a good talk (while I was doing some housework) and we came up with a lot of good stuff I'd like to write about:

1) Differences between the Religious view of family and reality, in my view. (We had "The Daily Show" on in the background at one point, and saw an interview with a very perky and cheerful, but deluded and overly optimistic Rick Santorum, which is what started the discussion).

2) Differences between Conservative and Liberal/Progressive, and why we vitally need some of both in our society.

There was more that I can't even remember now.

My point is that posting on this blog will be less regular. My gut reaction is to say it'll be less voluminous, but I know myself and as soon as I say I won't be posting for a while, I'll find the time to write up three or four major things.

So just understand that there may be days when I have time to write up my thoughts and there may be days when I just don't have the energy. Please bear with me.

Oh, and if you're a praying person, please add Janet and baby Liam to your prayers.

Thanks,

Liam.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liam said...

For those curious, the deleted comment was spam from someone claiming to be the Messiah.

I have my suspicions that when the Messiah comes, he won't be announcing himself via a web site.

Liam.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:25:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janet and Liam,

I tend to agree with you, Liam. As clever as you are and as pissed off as the Messiah might be over some of your comments, I really don't think this Messiah would show up at your web site first. But you never know!!

My thoughts are with you both. But come on, isn't anyone else just a little tickled to think of Liam in an apron, doing laundry and vacuuming the floor? Hmmm? It's a mental image I'm savoring. Take it easy, Janet. Oh, and take some photos of Liam doing these things. There really ought to be evidence!!

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 7:23:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for deleting the comment from someone claiming to be the Messiah; that person's comments have no place in this rant. Sorry to hear about your wife's bedrest, and we have both of you in our prayers.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 9:08:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Career Education