A place for Liam to post essays, comments, diatribes and rants on life in general.

Those fond of Liam's humor essays, they have been moved here.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Interesting...

I don't know anything about the source, so I want to stress, I don't have any indication that this is true. It's merely interesting speculation, and I pass it along in that spirit ONLY.

There is a a site out there with a different take on the bulge on the President's back during the debates.

Rather than a prompter, as has been widely suggested, this site suggests that our President is wearing a portable defibrilator. They provide a pretty convincing set of circumstantial evidence that Bush has been having atrial fibrilations and TIAs (mini strokes) since the January, 2002 "choking on a pretzel" incident.

I have to admit, that whole "choking on a pretzel" thing never seemed plausible to me. But it's exactly the kind of minor embarassment that makes for a PERFECT cover story, because no one thinks to question embarassing information. The reasoning goes "why would they admit to something that makes him look so stupid, if it weren't true".

Regardless, whether uncovered fact or work of fiction, I found the site to be an interesting read and thought I'd pass it along.

(Among my friends, I have several medical doctors, and at least one of them occasionally checks out the blog. If someone with more medical knowledge than I wants to refute (or even confirm) anything in the linked site, I'd love to hear more!)

Liam.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ken Grandlund said...

interesting, but what does it mean? his health is the least possible cause for his total incompetance.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 1:29:00 PM

 
Blogger Liam said...

Excellent point of course, Ken.

The end result, whether incompetance, hubris, health or malice, is still a damaged nation, poor relationships with our national neighbors and co-inhabitors of the planet, dying humans in huge numbers (it's not just the 2000+ who are American who count) and fiscal irresponsibility the likes of which I've not seen since my ex-wife left my life. (;-))

So this is interesting as a possibility, but it really doesn't excuse anything.

Thanks for pointing that out, it can be far too easy to get lost in the trees of "interesting" and lose sight of the forest of "important".

Liam.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 1:51:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Liam,

This isn't related to the topic, but indulge me while I ask WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?????

Is it that writer's block thing? I know, you're reading up a storm looking for more great outrageous things to wow us with. I call it the "OMG" factor (oh my god)

I've been very behind in reading your stuff. Even when I'm too busy to read, I often quickly peek in to see if you're still at it. Haven't done that in a few weeks. No pressure, but GET THE HELL BACK TO WRITING! ...... Too forceful? Haha! Maybe you need inspiration. Maybe you need to try something different for awhile, some fantasy. Something so masterful a la Liam, with double entendres or something.

I've been in to writing poetry lately (I always used to laugh at people who write poetry, still do, yet here I am doing it). I'm working on one called "Homeland Insecurity" sort of in honor of your efforts. Kinda catchy title, don't you think?

Hope all's well, Liam.

Sunday, November 06, 2005 1:50:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Career Education