A place for Liam to post essays, comments, diatribes and rants on life in general.

Those fond of Liam's humor essays, they have been moved here.

Monday, May 08, 2006

He's Right, I Can't Think of a Better One

According to a German newspaper (and reported on MSNBC and here at ABC.com), President Bush was asked in an interview over the weekend what the best and worst moments were of his Presidency so far. Worst was predictable, both for its repetitive nature in his public speech but also because to say anything else would have been an insult to America: 9/11.

When he got to the best part, though, he reportedly said "You know, I've experienced many great moments and it's hard to name the best. ... I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound perch in my lake."

Perhaps a joke, perhaps an indication that he's becoming tired and longing for more time fishing and less in office. Or perhaps he really can't think of anything better.

Very Presidential of him. I join 65% (according to the latest polls) of my fellow American's in wishing him a speedy return to his lake.

Liam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Career Education